Friday, October 19, 2007

I think I twisted my back line dancing

Is there a way to put that in smaller font? As in really, really small can't quite read what it says font?

Yes folks, this morning I woke up and couldn't move. And yes folks, I was line dancing last night. Shocked that there's a country bar in liberal hippie Ann Arbor? Never fear, Diamondback Saloon is conveniently located 15 minutes outside of the city on the I-94 Service Road. You'll recognize it by the hot dog stand located on its front lawn. A fellow country music fan and I had gone in search of our friends Garth, Alan and Toby. Alas, they were nowhere to be found.

The band started on the right foot. And with a 25 cent beer in my hand and my cowboy hat on straight I thought I was ready for the evening ahead. But then the band took a break and the hip hop started. Turn down the lights, queue the strobes, and let the line dancing begin! Girls came out of the wood works with the most complex steps I had ever seen. It took an entire song to learn the moves that you’d never get to show off because the music would end and they’d start a new one. Thank goodness they weren’t too good for the electric slide. Yee haw!

But back to my back. I don’t remember a specific moment when something got pulled the wrong way, but I really started feeling it playing darts later that night. And the surest way to feel the pain is with a scooping grapevine to the left. Ouch.

No comments: