Friday, July 20, 2007

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Nope, I'm not on a train to Sverdlovsk. I'm not even going to Sverdlovsk anymore. Apparently, the only tickets out of Sverdlovsk were on August 3rd. Which would mean taking either a bus or flying to get out of there on a more reasonable date. Yeah not happening.

So now, we have tickets to Krasnoyarsk for tuesday. Which is great because it means a few more days in Moscow. It also means a three day solid train ride, but at least if there are no trains out of Krasnoyarsk the bus ride to Irkutsk is much more reasonable. As in 24 hours instead of 56. Should at least be interesting, right?

The good news is Valerie and I found each other without much difficulty, largely thanks to the cell phone my friend Alex lent me. And thanks to my friend Micha, we've been able to stay hostel-free in Moscow thus far. Friends are amazing.

No comments: